Introducing the New Shakeology
At Beachbody, our goal is to help you achieve your best results. Our comprehensive approach combines fitness, nutrition, and support — it’s a proven formula that has helped millions of people completely transform their lives.
And when we can make one of those pillars even better, we do! Hopefully, you’re already enjoying the benefits of Shakeology, a superfood supplement shake that can help you lose weight, curb junk-food cravings, and provide healthy energy, but if you’re not, now is a great time to start, because we’ve just made some changes to the formula to make it even better! (And, if you’re already a fan of Shakeology, don’t worry, it still has the same great taste you know and love!)
Read on to find out more about the new Shakeology formula!
6 Things to Know About the New Shakeology Formula
1. We’ve Improved the Vitamin and Mineral Composition (whey-based formulas only)
When new research from the Dietary Committee was released, it revealed that there are vitamins and minerals many people were short on as well as others that may not be beneficial if consumed in excess. According to the research, many people do not consume enough Vitamin B6, Vitamin D, and Vitamin C, whereas too much vitamin A, depending on the form, can be a bad thing. In addition to this information, the research showed that some populations may have different nutrient needs.
- Many women of child-bearing age do not consume enough of C, D and E; Folate (B9), Magnesium and Potassium.
- Vegetarians are often short on Calcium and Iron
- Overweight individuals may need more of Vitamins A, C, D, E, K, B12, Zinc, and Selenium.
Our scientists took a big picture look at all of this data and created a new whey formula that we feel delivers more of the vitamins and minerals you need to help round out a healthy diet.
Vitamin and mineral changes for the New Shakeology:
- Increased levels of Vitamin D and Magnesium. Vitamin D is necessary for calcium absorption and supports healthy bones and muscle function and Magnesium helps support a variety of processes including normal muscle and nervous system function.
- Addition of Selenium, a trace element that can help the body stay healthy.
- Increased levels of Vitamins B6, B12, and Folate. Shakeology now has 50% of the daily value of each.
- Folic acid has been replaced with L-methylfolate, the active form of the nutrient that is easier for the body to use.
- The Vitamin K form — previously K1 — has been replaced with K2. Vitamin K helps maintain healthy bones.
- Cyanocobalamin, the previous Vitamin B12 form, has been replaced with methycobalamin which is more bioavailable. Vitamin B12 is important for the nervous system, for energy metabolism, and works with folate in the synthesis of DNA and red blood cells.
- The Vitamin E in Shakeology now uses the succinate form which is sourced from non-GMO sunflowers.
- Shakeology now includes less Vitamin A, Calcium, and Iron. While these are important nutrients, high supplemental levels may not be beneficial.
2. Key Vitamins and Minerals Are Now Easier for the Body to Absorb
When it comes to vitamins and minerals, quality, not just quantity matters. And when it came to improving the Shakeology formula, we took this into serious consideration. That’s why we replaced certain Folate, Vitamin K, and Vitamin B12 with forms that are easier for the human body to absorb and use.
3. We’ve Added Matcha in the new Shakeology
Matcha is the powdered green tea leaf that has potent phytonutrients. Along with other superfood-phytonutrients in Shakeology, matcha can help support health and vitality. The matcha we use in Shakeology comes from an USDA organic-certified supplier. Matcha has been enjoyed in Japan for centuries and it’s now featured in all flavors of Shakeology!
4. We’ve Added Chaga in the new Shakeology
Chaga is a woody mushroom, which along with other adapotgens in Shakeology, have been traditionally used to help the body adapt and respond to effects of stress. Our chaga is American grown from a supplier that is USDA organic certified.
5. We’ve Added Sacha Inchi in Vegan Shakeology
Our non-vegan flavors have always had sacha inchi, which is a superfood native to Peru and is also known as an Inca nut. We’re thrilled that sacha inchi is now a part of our protein blend across the full Shakeology product line, including our vegan flavors!
6. We removed Fructose and Agave
Previously, fructose was an ingredient in the whey-based Shakeology and agave was an ingredient in Vegan Shakeology. While striving for the highest quality ingredients, our formulators discovered that replacing fructose and agave with organic cane sugar resulted in a more well-rounded sweetness. Plus, our sugar source is now organic.
I’ve been drinking Shakeology every day for over 6 years! It is the best source of Daily dense nutrition you can put in your body. Beachbody also has a great deal where you get BB on demand for 1 year, plus your first month of Shakeology for only 160 bucks! That is unbelievable! Thats like getting every BB program at once for 30.00! Click here for the BB on demand Challenge pack!